Monday, July 11, 2011

Heath Bar Cookies


Here it is-- the moment you've all been waiting for. I've decided to share my recipe for the best cookies ever (according to Adam). They really are truly awesome cookies. I get a lot of compliments and requests for these, and they are so easy! I found this recipe for chocolate chip cookies and just substitute the chips for broken Heath bar chunks. Don't buy the Heath bar pieces, buy the actual bars and break them on your own. That way you get big pieces--- what you get in the bag is small little crumbs and it doesn't taste the same. You could also do other things.... dark chocolate is good, as is butterscotch chips. I've also tried chopping up Snickers, but really Heath is the best.

In blender mix:
1 cup packed brown sugar (I use dark-- better tasting)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cubes melted butter (this is key)
Add 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl (I never sift):
2 cups + 2TB flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Mix into wet ingredients. Then stir in chopped up Heath bars (I use 6 bars-- 1.4 oz each).
Then I bake at 325 for 14 minutes total (swapping front to back and top to bottom 7 minutes in). I prefer my cookies to be slightly underbaked so they remain soft. When you see them turning slightly brown at the edges, take them out of the oven. They will cook a little longer on the sheet. Let them sit for a couple of minutes and then remove them with a metal spatula onto a cooling rack. Try not to eat them all before they cool completely. Yum!

No comments: